IACA Awards: Vaultex win Excellence in Currency Award
In September 2019 Vaultex launched our Green Path campaign – an internal, employee-focused initiative that underlined our commitment to finding new ways of making a positive environmental impact.
In January, the campaign received international recognition as Vaultex were shortlisted as a finalist at the International Association of Currency Affairs’ (IACA) annual Currency Awards ceremony in Washington, DC. The Currency Awards, now in their 16th year, promotes and recognises excellence within the cash industry – which is why we’re thrilled to announce that Vaultex received the 2022 Excellence in Currency Award for our Green Path concept.
This is an outstanding achievement, and one that we’re immensely proud of – particularly given we were alongside reputable organisations such as CCL Secure, and G+D/Louisenthal Central Bank of Honduras in the Best New Innovation Category. With the increasing need for organisations to report on their environmental achievements as a standard practice, this prestigious industry award demonstrates our desire to promote positive change within the cash industry.
“This is an unbelievable testament to the work undertaken by so many people at Vaultex, and the win belongs to everyone who has contributed to the Green Path campaign in any way – no matter how small.” Says HR Director Fergus Connolly.
“From preparing a note wrapper free order, to separating waste for recycling or finding energy efficiencies, every single action each person takes is not only ensuring we can improve our environmental impact, but also allowing us to stand out to prospective new customers who want to partner with a cash processor that is committed to making a difference. The best part is: we’re only getting started. There’s a long, green path still ahead for Vaultex…”
To date, our people’s Green Path efforts have resulted in the implementation of multiple companywide ideas – that collectively, have allowed us to:
- Save 619,000 stickers a year after removing the 2nd ATM countback stickers – enough to cover 2.4 football pitches
- Save 25,000 sheets of paper by using scan to file for coin route sheets rather than printing them off – enough to cover the entire floor of the white house 1.5 times
- Replace all plastic bags used for cashier workstation coin with reusable cloth bags, saving us 215,500 single-use plastic bags a year, equating to a massive 3.75 tonnes
- Replace plastic seals with padlocks for cashier workstations, now saving 430,000 single-use plastic seals a year. That’s 2.6 tonnes – the same weight as 2 classic VW campervans
- Remove single-use plastic note wrappers from all cash out for HSBC Branches, saving 500,000 note wrappers a year