Role: Product Manager
Reporting to: Head of Application Delivery
Full/ Part time: Full Time – 35 hours per week
Location: Bridgewater Place, Birchwood
Date Posted: 21/11/2017
The Product Delivery Teams are a core component within the overall Commercial Technology Function with the key aims being to deliver products, services or offerings which align to the overall Executive’s team’s business strategy and objectives and ultimately deliver commercial value.
The primary purpose of the role is to define new technology products, services and offerings and shape/refine existing products, services and offerings to meet the core commercial objectives of the executive team. This will involve leading multi-disciplinary technology teams which will utilise existing knowledge but will also take into account new propositions created by Commercial to create technology products which will be deemed valuable, usable or feasible in terms of value proposition.
The product manager will be accountable for creating and agreeing the product roadmap and vision for the products, ensuring that this vision is communicated internally and externally and also ensuring that a financial annual operating plan is created and agreed.
A previous product manager background is desired, ideally with a technical bias due to the technical composition of the team and the nature of the developments.
Key responsibilities of the Product Manager:
Leading cross functional teams to determine the products or services that are required to be built to meet the customers’ needs. This will include defining and developing new commercially viable products, taking into account market needs, industry knowledge and insight, modifying/shaping existing products and services such that they meet the value proposition.
- Responsible for defining, designing, shaping, agreeing and communicating the product roadmap and strategy for products and services within the product managers remit. This must be aligned to the business area strategy, include an annual operating plan and be aligned to the overall Executive Team’s business strategy and objectives.
- Stakeholder Engagement. Able to influence and negotiate with multiple stakeholders across the organisation and externally as required, to support the development of the product and alignment with the customer needs. This will involve resolving conflict and blockers which are preventing the product roadmap being delivered.
- Team Management and delivery management as required – develops and motivates a team of professionals within the product development team to ensure that the team perform well and deliver the products required within the timescales and quality agreed. This will include ensuring that user cases and stories are built around the product and these are communicated effectively.
- Contributes to the design of the end to end proposition for products, services or categories that will enable the profitable and practical delivery of the customer proposition.
- Ensures that all products delivered are externally compliant legally and regulatory and meets with the internal risk management policy.
- Keeps goals and objectives clear and visible to the team, while providing timely and robust updates to relevant interested parties to ensure everyone remains informed about the development or refinement of the product and the vision statement. KPIs will be put in place to measure success and failure whilst ensuring that the multi–disciplinary team is clear on the objectives.
- Establishes, embeds and maintains best practices relating to processes, tools and ways of working to improve and enhance efficiencies, as well as drive creativity and delivery capability.
- Keeps abreast of changes in customer requirements, via market research and iteration, user research, market analysis and iteration with other product managers/Key stakeholders internally and externally. This will also involve ensuring that product decisions are qualitative and involve quantitative research into customer and user behaviour to validate.
Essential skills/experience of the Product Manager (E – Essential, D – Desirable)
- Highly motivated, experienced product manager with proven track record of successfully delivering products and services in a commercial environment. (E)
- Customer focused with proven track record of delivering products or services within a Financial Services environment (D)
- Outcome focused, able to proactively prevent and remove blockers and create an environment to succeed. (E)
- Budgetary and financial management experience with track record of meeting KPIs, profitability targets and managing risk (E)
- Able to understand the delivery and product components at a sufficient level to maintain control of scope, planning, product and development sequencing and approach taking into account commercial impacts. (E)
- Experience of managing and leading small / medium size cross-functional product teams, excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to resolve conflict and managing priorities. (E)
- First class communication skills, verbal & written alongside good analytical and time management skills.(E)
- Capability to manage and influence stakeholders at all levels, both within the company and with external parties (E)
- Minimum of 2 years in a Product Manager position (D)
- Understanding of external best practice and tools relevant to the role (D)
- Proven record of building and managing robust relationships with 3rd parties and developing joint capabilities. (D)
To apply for the Product Manager Opening please send your CV to email@example.com
Vaultex UK Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from the community. Please note that due to the secure nature of our business all successful candidates will need to provide a five year traceable work history (satisfactory employment references or evidence to explain employment gaps), and complete a criminal record and credit background check.