Role: PMO Manager
Reporting to: Head of Change Delivery
Full/ Part time: Full Time – 35 hours per week – Monday to Friday 9 – 5
Location: Bridgewater Place, Birchwood Park
Date Posted: 21/11/2017
The PMO Function is a core component within the Change and overall Technology Function. The primary purpose of the PMO manager and the function is to support the overall Change and Delivery function on ensuring that Change is delivered to the agreed timelines, quality and cost.
The PMO manager will be accountable for ensuring that the correct governance, controls, reporting and planning framework is in place to manage the portfolio. This role will also be accountable for defining the reporting standards, ensuring that the necessary reporting is provided to key stakeholders, identifying and managing risks and issues, including financial, that impact the portfolio and supporting the PMs/Delivery Managers in the Governance/Planning forums.
In addition as the Commercial Technology team is transitioning to a new way of working there will be a requirement to lead the transition of the PMO function to a model that supports both Waterfall and Agile delivery ensuring that the appropriate governance model, controls and quality framework that will underpin this migration and embed best practice are in place.
You will be a highly organised structured individual that is able to converse from project manager to executive board level members and as such excellent communication skills are a must. In addition deadlines and priorities will be challenging therefore excellent time management skills are required, in addition to an element of pragmatism to ensure that decisions are balanced.
Expertise in developing processes and procedures is essential to the success of this role, as is the ability to work independently and develop your team. You will need to proactively respond to changing circumstances and priorities and establish a culture of continuous improvement.
Key responsibilities of the PMO Manager:
- Responsible for leading the PMO function and taking ownership for defining and refining capabilities and outcomes necessary to support both Waterfall and Agile methodologies. This will also include defining methodologies to support the transition.
- Engagement with senior management across multiple functional areas, ability to prepare and present papers up to Executive level, as well as influence, lead, and drive decisions and outcomes.
- Developing and refining project / delivery tracking, reporting dashboards and metric information to all levels of the business and external stakeholders. There is a requirement to collate information from both Agile and Waterfall led environments ensuring consistency when presented to the executive team.
- Able to demonstrate through doing, leads by example and contributes to the success of the team.
- Keeps goals and objectives clear and visible to the team, while providing timely and robust updates to relevant interested parties to ensure everyone remains informed.
- Establishes, embeds and maintains best practices relating to processes, tools and ways of working to improve and enhance PMO efficiencies, as well as drive creativity and capabilities.
- Provides clear advice and recommendations, based on expertise, knowledge and hands-on experience that allows the function to overcome business challenges through the use of technology and best-practices.
- Identifies and manages risks and issues at the Portfolio Level. This includes actively identifying the risks and issues through discussion with the project or delivery managers and ensuring that we have a sufficient mitigation plan in place to address the risk or issue. This will also include the identification and management of financial risks to the portfolio.
- Supporting the Project Managers/Delivery Managers within workshops/governance forums as and when required including the documentation of minutes and chasing down of actions.
- Working with the Project Managers/Delivery Managers/Third Parties to ensure that all status reports are provided and collated in a timely manner to support the governance forums. This will also involve quality checking the reports before these are provided to the key stakeholders.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience (E – Essential, D – Desirable)
- Proven track record of building process, developing tools and governance to support software delivery or technical change through both Agile and Waterfall methodologies. (E)
- Proven record of building and managing robust relationships with multiple service lines, 3rd parties and stakeholders (E)
- Experience of using modern software delivery tools such as Jira, Confluence, Pivotaltracker, Trello, etc. (E)
- First class communication skills, verbal & written alongside good analytical skills.(E)
- Excellent team leader, with good technical knowledge and inter personal skills. (E)
- Capability to manage and influence stakeholders at all levels, both within the company and with external parties (E)
- Outcome focussed and able to proactively prevent and remove blockers and create an environment to succeed. (E)
- Excellent time management / planning skills (E)
- Experience with Agile Delivery Methodologies (i.e., Scrum and XP) and helping teams explore, adopt and optimize Agile-Lean processes, principles, and practices (D)
- Experienced user of MS Project / MS Project Server and MS Office tools (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) (D)
- Minimum of 2 years in a PMO Manager position ideally within an Agile environment (D)
- Understanding of optimising
To apply for the PMO Manager Opening please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Vaultex UK Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from the community. Please note that due to the secure nature of our business all successful candidates will need to provide a five year traceable work history (satisfactory employment references or evidence to explain employment gaps), and complete a criminal record and credit background check.