Role: Lead Business Systems Analyst
Reporting to: Head of Change Delivery
Full/ Part time: Full Time – 35 hours per week – Monday to Friday 9 – 5
Location: Bridgewater Place, Birchwood Park
Date Posted: 21/11/2017
Key responsibilities of the Lead Business Systems Analyst:
The Lead Business Systems Analyst will provide hands-on leadership to a team of BSA’s working across Project, Product and Delivery teams to ensure that user needs are understood and fulfilled by target solutions, by breaking them down into user stories and ensuring an appropriate level of analysis is undertaken on new functionality or capability before being passed to delivery cells.
As the Commercial Technology team supports both Waterfall and Agile methodologies there will be a need to support both approaches ensuring that requirements and user needs are captured in the most appropriate form to support successful delivery of those needs. You will form the foundation of the business analysis team, taking an active role in defining and shaping the development of the analyst framework, standards and embedding learnings & quality.
The ability to work independently, proactively and with versatility in responding to changing circumstances is essential. You will have an eye for detail, excellent communication skills and be able to interrogate information and sources and challenge where inconsistencies are found.
You will be an excellent communicator and be able to rationalise complex information to make it understandable for others to work with.
To be effective in this role, ideally you will be familiar with a range of business and technical solutions, having operated within both Agile and non-Agile environments being familiar with addressing and overcoming the challenges of that transition.
Main Responsibilities of the Lead Business Systems Analyst:
- Leading a team of BSA’s and taking ownership for defining and delivering agile skills, capabilities and outcomes through the transition from Waterfall to Agile whist retaining the ability to deliver through traditional methodologies where engagements require.
- Able to demonstrate through doing, leads by example and contributes to the success of the team.
- Orchestrates collaboration between Product Owner, Business Stakeholders, Subject matter experts, User Experience designers, User Researchers, Testers, and Developers actively removing roadblocks and fostering communication
- Keeps goals and objectives clear and visible to the team, while providing timely and robust updates to relevant interested parties to ensure everyone remains informed.
- Establishes, embeds and maintains best practices relating to processes, tools and ways of working to improve and enhance efficiencies, as well as drive creativity and capabilities.
- Provides clear advice and recommendations, based on expertise, knowledge and hands-on experience, that allows teams to overcome business challenges through the use of technology and best-practices in Agile software delivery
- Uses a variety of elicitation techniques to identify and map out business domains, identify problems and articulate opportunities that will provide business benefit.
- Keeps abreast of new methods, technologies and best practice within the industry ensuring that where required these methods are adopted by the team.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience (E – Essential, D – Desirable)
- Highly motivated, experienced BSA with proven track record of successfully delivering change, building agile capabilities while still supporting waterfall methods during transition. (E)
- Demonstrable capability to develop epics, stories and process models to a high-quality that can be used by cross-functional delivery teams, to achieve business objectives/KPIs/OKRs. (E)
- Experience of using modern software delivery tools such as Jira, Confluence, Pivotaltracker, Trello, etc. (E)
- Experience with modelling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques (E)
- Outcome focussed and able to proactively prevent and remove blockers and create an environment to succeed. (E)
- Proven track record and extensive experience in defining software delivery or technical delivery projects.(E)
- Strives to meet and exceed customer, project or strategic requirements. (E)
- First class communication skills, verbal & written alongside good analytical skills.(E)
- Excellent team leader, with good technical knowledge and inter personal skills. (E)
- Capability to manage, challenge and influence stakeholders at all levels, both within the company and with external parties (E)
- Commercial awareness driven by the need to add value and generate business value. (E)
- Experience with Agile Delivery Methodologies (i.e., Scrum and XP) and helping teams explore, adopt and optimize Agile-Lean processes, principles, and practices (D)
- Minimum of 2 years in a Lead BSA position (D)
- Excellent time management / planning skills (D
- Understanding of optimising and leveraging tools relevant to the role (D)
- Proven record of building and managing robust relationships with 3rd parties and developing joint capabilities. (D)
To apply for the Lead Business Systems Analyst Opening please send your CV to email@example.com
Vaultex UK Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from the community. Please note that due to the secure nature of our business all successful candidates will need to provide a five year traceable work history (satisfactory employment references or evidence to explain employment gaps), and complete a criminal record and credit background check.