Reporting to: TBC
Full/ Part time: Full Time – Monday to Friday 9:00 – 17:00
Location: Bridgewater Place, Warrington
Date Posted: 20/09/2017
It is the responsibility of a Developer, in collaboration with the wider agile team, to design and build custom solutions within the business. This role provides expertise, technical guidance and hands-on development capabilities to the company on initiatives as required, all with a view to ensuring the IT department deliver robust and effective solutions to the end-user community and that the platforms potential is maximised.
Their role in the team requires them to support others through technical expertise; providing guidance to analysts, testers and other team members on technical standards, solution direction and helping overcome challenges. The role has an extensive knowledge across development and tooling technologies, providing technical shaping and hands-on plus solution delivery to the agile team they are aligned to. In addition, the role of the Developer is expected to contribute to the continued enhancement of the development function as a whole, providing frequent proactive contributions and recommendations to continuously enhance the capability within Vaultex as we grow and embed our capability within the organisation.
With this role the candidate will enjoy career development opportunities, structured training and an excellent benefits package including 25 days holiday, a generous company pension, Group Life Assurance and many other additional benefits. We like to look after our people and are an Investors in People Gold accredited organisation.
Job details for the Developer:
- Work independently or as a member of a team in leading and delivering solutions of varying complexity and scale.
- Estimate and deliver software solutions within agreed time and budget
- Work with customers to ensure software solutions are documented, tested and meet stated requirements.
- Consistently deliver accurate and high quality solutions to enable the company to continue to become more effective and successful through technology.
- Contribute to software quality standards, best practices and continuous improvement of products and our overall development capability.
- Maintain awareness of cutting edge technologies and how they can be used to provide solutions to business problems
- Provide ongoing support to existing solutions.
Essential skills/experience of the Developer:
- Strong experience designing and developing web-based applications and APIs
- Strong experience working within Agile methods as part of a delivery cell
- An understanding of object orientated design including SOLID principles
- A good understanding of design patterns and writing clean code
- Extensive Microsoft .net framework experience (4.5) C#, MVC, Web API, Entity Framework, Web forms, WCF Services
- Strong SQL server skills
- Ability to translate complex technical solutions into non-technical “business speak” and vice versa
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with senior management and staff
- Excellent communication skills (Written, verbal and inter-personal)
- High quality customer service provision
- Ability to use independent judgement, when necessary and be assertive within the parameters of the role
- Self-motivation and commitment to deadlines
- Experience of .net core
- Knowledge of CI/CD practices
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Experience with Team Foundation Server
- Experience developing large-scale transactional systems
To apply for the Developer opening please send your CV to email@example.com
Vaultex UK Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from the community. Please note that due to the secure nature of our business all successful candidates will need to provide a five year traceable work history (satisfactory employment references or evidence to explain employment gaps), and complete a criminal record and credit background check.