Role: Assistant Financial Accountant
Reporting to: Financial Accountant
Full/ Part time: Full Time – Monday to Friday 09:00 – 17:00
Location: Bridgewater Place, Warrington
Date Posted: 20/09/2017
As a key member of the financial control team you will be primarily responsible for the day to day management of banking duties, accounts receivable and month end accounts preparation along with providing support to the Financial Accountant. We are looking for trustworthy and numerate people with great attention to detail.
Successful applicants for the Assistant Financial Accountant role will enjoy career development opportunities, structured training and an excellent benefits package including 25 days holiday, a generous company pension, Group Life Assurance and many other additional benefits. We like to look after our people and are an Investors in People Gold accredited organisation.
Job Purpose of the Assistant Financial Accountant role:
- Day to day management of Accounts Receivable
- Finance support and review of cost centres for monthly financial reporting
- Reconciliations of various key balance sheet control accounts
- Completion of cashbook journals and bank reconciliation
- Responsibility for completing and sending the monthly/quarterly bank reporting
- Cross training of other key areas of financial control
- The monitoring and improvement of procedures and controls within the Great Plains (GP financial accounting system)
- The production and maintenance of business critical financial management reports using JET software.
- Assisting the Financial Accountant with any other adhoc tasks as required by the business
Essential skills/experience of the Assistant Financial Accountant role:
- Jet reporting – Production of finance and management reports required by the business and support of the JET reports and JET essentials software
- Reconciliation of core bank accounts – downloading of bank statements, Reviewing and updating the cash flow on a daily basis, posting of entries into Great Plains on weekly basis, weekly bank reconciliations, monthly balance sheet reconciliation, Ad-hoc payments through Barclays Internet Banking/completion of cheques etc.
- Accounts Receivable – Raising of invoices, preparation of fortnightly debt report including following up outstanding payments, matching of cash receipts to invoice, completion of month end balance sheet reconciliations, Monitoring of RATM and TSB invoice billing schedules and subsequent follow up
- Balance sheet reconciliations – ensuring all balance sheet reconciliations are submitted by the month end deadline and verifying against month end trial balance, preparing selection of balance sheet reconciliations
- Month end – complete regular month end journals consistent with the position, review of a number of costs centres
- Great Plains – The monitoring and improvement of procedures and controls within the Great Plains (GP) financial accounting system, liaising with external GP support representatives to solve system issues
- To undertake any duties consistent with the position
To apply for the Assistant Financial Accountant opening please send your CV to email@example.com
Vaultex UK Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from the community. Please note that due to the secure nature of our business all successful candidates will need to provide a five year traceable work history (satisfactory employment references or evidence to explain employment gaps), and complete a criminal record and credit background check.