Role: Architecture Manager
Reporting to: Chief Information Officer
Full/ Part time: Full Time – 35 hours per week
Location: Bridgewater Place, Birchwood
Date Posted: 24/10/2017
The Architecture Team is a core function within Commercial Technology with accountability for establishing and maintaining IT Strategy and design standards, designing End to End Solution designs, and liaising with Application Delivery and external suppliers to ensure compliance.
The Architecture Manager leads a small team of architects and solution designers in delivering these services, ensuring that solutions delivered conform to the strategy and form part of a cohesive enterprise architecture. Accountabilities include managing the design process across the department to ensure successful delivery and operation of both our application and infrastructure estate.
Acting as a trusted advisor to the CIO, you will take ownership of technology vendor and solution decisions to meet business demand, creating architecture deliverables and developing a technology roadmap for the organisation.
Key responsibilities of the Architecture Manager
- Responsible for assessing technology trends to inform development of new opportunities to leverage technology for business advantage.
- Develop prototypes to illustrate capability of new technologies.
- Be a trusted advisor on technology vendor and solution design decisions, advising the CIO on strengths and weaknesses of alternate providers.
- Develop and maintain an IT Strategy and solution Roadmaps for the business.
- Create and maintain a reference architecture that can be used to design solutions within the estate.
- Create a set of suitable architecture artefacts that can be used to effectively communicate designs and architecture principles.
- Be responsible for gaining buy-in and signoff of vision and deliverables as required.
- Manage a small team of solution designers who work across the agile delivery teams, leading design of solutions.
- Work with a team of architects and development leads to defined and document architecture patterns and technology standards to accommodate delivery of functional requirements and meet expectations for usability, availability, capacity and performance, scalability, and reliability.
- Effectively manage 3rd Party solution designers to deliver high quality deliverables that comply with our strategic direction and integrate well into the solution estate.
- Be responsible for setting strategy to drive reduction in TCO over time through efficient use of technology
- Establish a viable and pragmatic roadmap for the migration of the Vaultex estate form internal datacentres into the cloud
- Work closely with the Security Manager to ensure that solutions are designed to be secure and able to support business continuity objectives.
- Management of small team of up to 5 architects and solution designers.
- Influence of up to 30 technical leads and developers across the development team
Essential skills/experience of the Architecture Manager
- Experience of architectural leadership involving a complex business transformation programme of work
- See’s architecture as both an engineering discipline and also a communication medium
- Team management of up to 5 personnel
- Experience of IT Strategy and Technology Roadmap development and a range of associated enterprise architecture frameworks
- Outstanding communicator, capable of summarising and conveying complex topics in both technical and non-technical language at all levels within the organisation
- Proven experience with a variety of architecture frameworks and design approaches
- Broad IT expertise across the whole IT spectrum, notably integration and miro-service architectures
- Strong experience in the fundamentals of software engineering and application architecture Specific expertise in the Microsoft and (preferably) Azure platforms
- Coach and mentor to colleagues and able to motivate people to want to learn more
To apply for the Architecture Manager opening please send your CV to email@example.com
Vaultex UK Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from the community. Please note that due to the secure nature of our business all successful candidates will need to provide a five year traceable work history (satisfactory employment references or evidence to explain employment gaps), and complete a criminal record and credit background check.